Studio Wildcard may have some ongoing issues behind the scenes which have called the future of Ark: Survival Evolved into question, but they continue to push more and more content into all versions of the game, which suggests they’re fairly confident the show will go on – great news for us survivalists!
Yesterday saw the latest update on the Xbox One version of the game, and it was a pretty big one, adding three new creatures to the game along with a slew of other less significant additions, alterations and fixes. This update has taken the game to version 238 – check out the update spotlight video.
The three new creatures: Woolly Rhino, Dunkleosteus and Eurypterid; bring new advanced methods of both attack and defense to the game, as well as new ways to bulk up your armor and to travel the oceans with greater defense than ever before.
Also included in this update are new Extinction Event official servers, these are active right now and will reset monthly, with the end of each month being signaled with an in-game countdown and dramatic meteor impact! These time-limited servers are a great way for new players to start on a level playing field and a challenging gameplay choice for those who want to see how far they can progress before the end of days! Participants will earn badges to mark their accomplishments.
Here are all the key features of this latest Ark: Survival Evolved update:
- All PC content and fixes through PC v238 including new Cave-Dungeons for Snow and Swamp Biomes, new creatures: Woolly Rhino, Eurypterid, Dunkleosteus, etc.
- All-New “Extinction Event” Servers, which reset after each month, with an in-game countdown! (these are additional brand NEW servers, not existing servers)
- Improved game frame rate by approximately 10% (rendering & cpu)
- Fixed Bug: Focus is now NOT on the Leave Tribe button when opening the Tribe Menu. Also added a Leave Tribe confirmation dialog
- If you get stuck underground, you now teleport back above ground
- Mammoth colorization fixed
- Timer values that were resetting to 0 on “Reset Options” now reset to their correct value
- Server administrators can now specify a list of administrator users to have access to the full set of administrator (console) commands, as on PC. Singleplayer/Non-Dedicated hosts always have this option. If you have administrator access, all PC console commands can now be inputted at the Pause Menu
- Server Options now have edit boxes for inputting direct arbitrary values
- Spyglass now works properly in splitscreen