Ever since I got my Xbox One, I have repeatedly stated “Destruction Derby” as my own personal most wanted title when asked what game would I most like to see revived and given a new life on current gen consoles.
I spent so, so many hours on it just smashing shit up! In my mind, it looks sooooo good on Xbox One, but there has been no word of it happening. Interestingly, developers of the original Reflections are now a Ubisoft-owned entity, and have been involved with The Division and Ghost Recon Wildlands of late. They’re alive, well, and who knows, maybe Destruction Derby is next? I doubt it, but I live in hope!
Today though, my desires have been somewhat appeased by the announcement that Camageddon: Max Damage will be making it’s way to Xbox One some time this year. When exactly isn’t known, but who cares, it looks awesome, it looks like a title worth waiting for, and wait for it I most definitely will! It’s penciled in for the middle of the year.
Carmageddon: Max Damage presents more carnage and mayhem than ever before, and will be available on consoles later this year. Set in a world of over-the-top violence, crazy PowerUps and non-stop laughs, you play against a bunch of complete crazies in twisted automotive killing machines whose aim is purely to maim you. It’s the racing game where racing is for wimps.
Neil Barnden, Brand Director at Stainless Games Ltd, who created the original cult hits said, “We’re excited that players on these new platforms will soon be able to enter the warped world of Carmageddon: Max Damage, the carnage-filled antidote to racing games!”
Carmageddon: Max Damage includes:
- Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
- 10 large open environments to explore
- A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
- Career mode with 6 different event types
- Multiplayer with 4 online event types
- Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
- … with over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs and much, much more.
Carmageddon is an equal opportunities metal mangling mayhem fest and will soon be available to everyone right across the gaming platform world! So hang on to yer helmets, and prepare for the console ride of your life in 2016.
Now sit back and checkout this smashing trailer! Smashing trailer… you see what I did there? I’m awesome! Also check out the official website at CarmageddonMaxDamage.com.