It’s becoming common-place for indie titles that have proved to be a huge success on Steam, to make the jump over the Xbox One and – that other console. Today, another such title makes it’s Xbox One debut with the release of Pixel Piracy from 505 Games.
Billed by it’s reveal trailer as an “Open World Pirate Sim”, Pixey Piracy see’s you lead the life of a pirate captain in what looks to be a fun, swashbuckling RPG adventure game developed by Quadro Delta and presented by Re-Logic, the creators of Indie classic, Terraria.
Recruit a crew, outfit and customize your ship – then set sail on the open seas! Use any combination of aggression and trade to become the most infamous pirate crew around! Raid, pillage and plunder everything in your path, get what you want or trade for a quick buck. But be aware, danger and the chance of death is everywhere!
- Hire Your Own Crew – Carefully choose the best sailors and swashbucklers you can afford. Equip them with weapons, armor and special items. Upgrade and specialize as they level up, increasing their stats and teaching them new skills.
- Build Your Own Ship – Customize and upgrade your ship as you see fit. Utilize masts and sails for extra speed, weapons for combat, entertainment and food, training gear and decorations.
- Randomly Generated Open World – The game plays differently every time– a vast over-world map full of danger, loot, and people to prey on awaits you!
- Pirate RPG Management System – A comprehensive loot system that offers upgrade-able weapons and special & secret loot to deck out your sailors.
- Plunder and Fighting – The basis of every Pirate’s breakfast! Board enemy ships on sea or search islands looking for hidden treasures and fugitives.
Brought to console by prestigious Dutch developer, Abstraction, who have helped bring PC hits such as Hotline Miami, Don’t Starve and Titan Souls to home consoles and mobile platforms the console version offers many new features:
- New tutorial to ease you into the world of piracy
- Completely restructured skill tree & revamped RPG stat system
- Overhauled AI
- Fully integrated weather system and a ton of new weapons, items, skills, and bounties
- Also contains all new crew user interface, captain behavior, and character customization
Pixel Piracy is available now for digital download, priced at £11.99 for UK gamers. As always you could save a little cash by using discount Xbox Credit from CD Keys.
If you buy the game, let us know what you think of it by leaving a comment below. If you haven’t yet decided, check out this launch trailer!