Ark: Survival Evolved has been updated, as of last night, on Xbox One. The latest update will bring your game to Version 731 and introduces some new dinosaurs – Gallimimus, Dung Beetle and Dimetrodon.
This latest update also finally introduces the in-demand feature of Split Screen ability, so a friend can tag along – maybe you’ll survive a little longer with a buddy watching your back!
This update adds an enormous amount of content and optimization, including:
- SWAT-style Assault Armor for all your raiding needs!
- Greenhouse structure pieces to aid survivors in growing crops
- The shockingly powerful Electric Prod easily capable of knocking you out.
- Deep-Sea Loot Crates: swim into the deep and discover the highly valuable loot that exists below
- Craftable Beer Kegs for making tasty brews, with various status enhancing effects, however the subsequent ‘hangover’ effects are not so pleasant!
- Loads of bug fixes, serious performance update (~15%), fixed memory leak
- Non-dedicated servers now support up to Eight survivors and 33% larger tether distance
The last feature listed there, increased tether for non-dedicated severs – and an increase from four to eight players, is another big step towards pleasing fans of the Xbox Preview title.